Cape Town, South Africa
Tristan, a 13-year-old golfer, was born in Cape Town, South Africa. Introduced to the game of golf by his father, Tristan has shown great promise by winning many events in South Africa against players that are older than he. He came to the United States to Bishops Gate Golf Academy (BGGA) to further his training and reach his future goals. Eventually Tristan wishes to become a PGA Tour member and be the No. 1 golfer in the world.
The generosity of the Junior Champions Foundation has helped me work towards my goal of earning a college golf scholarship.
- 2015 International Junior Golf Tour (IJGT) Bridegstone Golf Tournament of Champions – Boys 14 & Under Division Champion
- 2015 IJGT BGGA Orlando Open at Lake Buena Vista – Boys 14 & Under Division Champion
Vikash, a 15-year-old tennis player, was born in Calcutta. Because Vikash’s father worked as a Steward at the Calcutta Club, a local tennis club, Vikash was able to practice and train as a young child. He took advantage of this opportunity and rose quickly in the junior ranks of India notching over 100 tournament victories. Vikash was granted a full scholarship through the Junior Champions Foundation to attend one of the finest junior tennis academies in the United States, Smith Stearns Tennis Academy (SSTA). Vikash is a standout student at Heritage Academy on Hilton Head Island, S.C., where he carries a 4.0 GPA.
The Junior Champions Foundation has given me a great opportunity to come to the United States and further my athletic and academic training at some of the best academies in the world.
- 4.0 GPA – Heritage Academy
- Under 12 National Tournament India (Singles and Doubles Champion)
- Under 14 National Tournament India (Singles Finalist and Doubles Champion)
- Represented India in the Under 14 World Group Qualifying
- Semifinalist Under 18 – International Tennis Federation
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Marcos, a 17-year-old golfer, was born in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Marcos took up the game of golf as a young child and found success right away in tournament competition in Argentina. The defining moment of Marcos competitive career to this date came in 2013 when he won the Argentine National Championship, the seventh oldest amateur event in the world. This victory earned him an exemption to the Argentina VISA Open, a PGA Tour Latinoamerica event. Marcos currently attends Bishops Gate Golf Academy (BGGA) in Howey in the Hills, Fla.
Thanks to the Junior Champions Foundation scholarship I am able to work towards my dream of becoming the No. 1 ranked player in the world.
- 2013 Argentine National Championship – Champion
- 2014 Golfweek International Invitational – Champion
- 2015 International Junior Golf Tour (IJGT) Bridegstone Golf Tournament of Champions – Boys 15-19 Division Champion