Nehemiah Molla is from Addis Ababa Ethiopia. He is a full-time tennis player at Van Der Meer Tennis Academy, having attended for two years. Nehemiah will be a senior in high school in 2018-2019 and attends Heritage Academy. He has a 4.0 GPA and plans on studying biomedical engineering in college, while playing college tennis.
Van Der Meer Tennis has helped me out a lot, making it possible for me to attend the Academy and do what I love most and for that, I am very grateful. I also appreciate very much the grant that the JFC has provided for me to play tournaments.
- 2017 Dennis Van der Meer SC Jr State Open Championships - Consolation Winner & Doubles Finalist
- 2017 Peanut Patch Junior Open (formerly Pepsi Junior Open) - Consolation Winner
- 2017 SC Jr. State Open Championships at Rock Hill - Consolation Winner & Doubles Champion
- 2017 TLC Spring Junior CHALLENGER - Champion
Cape Town, South Africa
Tristan, a 16-year-old golfer, was born in Cape Town, South Africa. Introduced to the game of golf by his father, Tristan has shown great promise by winning many events in South Africa against players that are older than he. He came to the United States to Bishops Gate Golf Academy (BGGA) and is now at the International Junior Golf Academy (IJGA) to further his training and reach his future goals. Eventually Tristan wishes to become a PGA Tour member and be the No. 1 golfer in the world.
The generosity of the Junior Champions Foundation has helped me work towards my goal of earning a college golf scholarship.
- 2015 International Junior Golf Tour (IJGT) Bridegstone Golf Tournament of Champions – Boys 14 & Under Division Champion
- 2015 IJGT BGGA Orlando Open at Lake Buena Vista – Boys 14 & Under Division Champion
Vikash, a 17-year-old tennis player, was born in Calcutta. Because Vikash’s father worked as a Steward at the Calcutta Club, a local tennis club, Vikash was able to practice and train as a young child. He took advantage of this opportunity and rose quickly in the junior ranks of India notching over 100 tournament victories. Vikash was granted a full scholarship through the Junior Champions Foundation to attend one of the finest junior tennis academies in the United States, Smith Stearns Tennis Academy (SSTA). Vikash is a standout student at Heritage Academy on Hilton Head Island, S.C., where he carries a 4.0 GPA.
The Junior Champions Foundation has given me a great opportunity to come to the United States and further my athletic and academic training at some of the best academies in the world.
- 4.0 GPA – Heritage Academy
- Under 12 National Tournament India (Singles and Doubles Champion)
- Under 14 National Tournament India (Singles Finalist and Doubles Champion)
- Represented India in the Under 14 World Group Qualifying
- Semifinalist Under 18 – International Tennis Federation
- 2016 Coca Cola Junior ITF Tournament - Champion
- Ranked 206 in ITF Junior World Rankings (December 2017)
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Marcos, golfer, was born in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Marcos took up the game of golf as a young child and found success right away in tournament competition in Argentina. The defining moment of Marcos competitive career to this date came in 2013 when he won the Argentine National Championship, the seventh oldest amateur event in the world. This victory earned him an exemption to the Argentina VISA Open, a PGA Tour Latinoamerica event. Marcos completed his instruction at Bishops Gate Golf Academy (BGGA) in Howey in the Hills, Fla.
Thanks to the Junior Champions Foundation scholarship I am able to work towards my dream of becoming the No. 1 ranked player in the world.
- 2013 Argentine National Championship – Champion
- 2014 Golfweek International Invitational – Champion
- 2015 International Junior Golf Tour (IJGT) Bridegstone Golf Tournament of Champions – Boys 15-19 Division Champion
- 2017 Copa Andres – Champion (with Team Argentina)